|At a glance|
The 2030 climate and energy framework includes EU-wide targets and policy objectives for the period from 2021 to 2030.
Key targets for 2030:
1. At least 40% cuts in greenhouse gas emissions (from 1990 levels)
2. At least 32% share for renewable energy
3. At least 32.5% improvement in energy efficiency
The framework was adopted by the European Council in October 2014. The targets for renewables and energy efficiency were revised upwards in 2018. The framework helps drive progress towards a low-carbon economy and build an energy system that:
• ensures affordable energy for all consumers,
• increases the security of the EU’s energy supplies,
• reduces our dependence on energy imports,
• creates new opportunities for growth and jobs and
• brings environmental and health benefits – e.g. through reduced air pollution.
More info: 2030 Climate & Energy Framework
The framework positions the Precast Concrete industry as an important contributor to reach the set-up energy targets and call for fair business conditions for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).